Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast's Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We're growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers' success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you're passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Help Desk Manager is accountable for creating and fostering a customer-centric environment. This role will lead a team of customer focused IT Support Specialists, who are committed to delivering an amazing service experience to our employees. The Help Desk Manager will use data, research, and feedback to identify the growing needs of the business, develop initiatives to address those needs, and influence cross-functional leaders to drive projects forward. We are looking for a talented leader, with strong people management experience, who can hit the ground running and make an immediate impact on this key area of the business.
What will you do:
* Oversees and directs the IT Help Desk function for the organization, to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction.
* Leads, develops, and empowers a knowledge-centered IT Help Desk team that continually creates, curates, and shares their expertise
* Influences cross-functional teams and leadership across the company to improve processes that impact employee experience
* Accountable for KPIs and metrics related to the employee experience
* Establish and enforce help desk service levels agreements in consultation with stakeholders, to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
* Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues.
* Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately.
* Implement best practices for hardware procurement, system design and imaging
* User account management on all relevant Enterprise systems and services
* Maintain the integrity, performance and security of all assets
Do you have the right ingredients?
* Highly customer focused with the ability to build rapport, establish credibility, demonstrate sound judgment, and positively influence outcomes
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make quick decisions in complex environments
* Proven track record of owning and executing on large cross-functional initiatives and delivering results
* Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
* Works well under pressure and maintain composure during difficult customer interactions
* Skilled in leading teams and individual contributors, coaching, and facilitating service improvement
* Skilled at motivating and driving engagement in direct reports
* Team-oriented with strong staff leadership and motivating experience
* Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to all stakeholders and staff members
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Toast is a tablet point-of-sale app for restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, and other businesses in the food service and hospitality space.