It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for a lead technologist/architect/engineer, on our architecture team, to partner with cross-organizational solution development teams focused on delivering high-quality, affordable healthcare for our customers. Our initiatives refine and develop technologies and services that reduce provider burden and that facilitate the best care for customers, while avoiding duplicate costs or unnecessary delays.
This role is for someone that is passionate about technology and pragmatic about applying it to healthcare. As an architect, you will help develop the context, the end-to-end view of how the solution fits. As an engineer, you will apply existing and new technologies in novel ways to solve business problems. You will help shape and apply interoperability standards, such as HL7 FHIR, to enable the solutions to scale. You will research and introduce technologies aimed at improving our clinical solutions. For example:
* Machine learning to ease the access to the most frequently applicable clinical guidance, used by our nurses, coaches, pharmacists and doctors.
* SMART-on-FHIR apps to streamline provider engagement and to help customers and their care-teams manage health goals.
* Tailoring of cloud-hosted solutions for telehealth, analytics, patient education and/or secure communication.
The architecture team works closely with business strategists, clinical operations and technology delivery teams, in a scaled-agile environment. As such, the ideal person for this role has experience as a software developer, as a lead engineer (design authority) and is just as comfortable working with senior executives as they are with talking tech. In this role, you will:
* Produce conceptual architecture views of end-to-end system designs.
* Produce solution options and drive architecture decisions that balance factors such as cost, scalability and long-term viability.
* Work with delivery teams to develop technology proofs-of-concept.
* Keep security and privacy front-of-mind.
* Maintain architecture roadmaps for the clinical domain, based on strategy, trends and current-state technology gaps/needs.
Do you have multiple years of experience in more than a couple of the following roles or domains?
* As an IT consultant, such as with IBM or Accenture
* As an Enterprise Architect
* On large/complex successfully delivered IT programs, as a lead solution architect
* In healthcare delivery at a hospital or clinic as IT solution owner/lead
* In health insurance, particularly in care management, medical management and clinical support
* In healthcare interoperability standards, such as HL7 C-CDA and FHIR
* Working with clinical concepts, such as SNOMED-CT, ICD10, CPT and RXNORM
Do you keep practicing and mentoring others in software development and remain versed in current languages and tools, e.g.
* Typescript, HTML5, OIDC
* Functional programming
* AWS Lambdas, API gateway
Do you know your way around a good architecture documentation tool - Visio, Omnigraffle, System Architect, Confluence, etc?
If you've read this far and think this sounds like you, please apply.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a global health services organization.