Job Description Summary
Stimulating and challenging position working with one of the largest collections of clinical oncology data in the U.S. High-performing team has an opening for a Clinical Data Analyst to provide a myriad of services and expertise. Supports healthcare data initiatives by providing accurate and timely data mining, data manipulation, data analysis and reporting, as well as, quality assurance and ongoing system and process maintenance in collaboration with multiple teams. Responsible for obtaining data and producing mock up, proto-type, and production reports from available sources. May also develop functional and/or technical specifications. Validates data and performs analysis as needed. Supports and adheres to McKesson I-CARE values, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
* Collaborates with multi-functional teams across the enterprise and within department to develop solutions.
* Interacts, as needed, with various customers to understand requirements of requested reports and explain deliverables.
* Coordinates the implementation of logic and business rules into several platforms.
* Writes functional and technical specifications.
* Validates business rules are implemented according to specification.
* Obtains and analyzes raw data from multiple sources to perform core job duties and to answer questions posed by internal / external customers.
* Develops SAS, PL-SQL, PYTHON or R scripts to automate routine activities, create models for predictive analytics and reporting
* Performs duties to support data analysis and manipulation, reporting, and automation.
* Actively participates and/or leads teams including delegating work, establishing deadlines, and following up on assignments
* Identifies opportunities to create and manage processes, as well as, develop strategies to address complex data analyses and reporting requirements.
* Interacts with customers to clarify needs and in reviewing results. Obtains proper approvals on each of the deliverables.
* Other duties as requested or assigned.
* Proven experience as a Healthcare Data Analyst (Electronic health Records Systems)
* Experience in data analysis and visualization methods
* Understanding of healthcare procedures
* Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) frameworks
* Proficient in SQL and analysis tools (e.g. SAS, Toad)
* Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data management systems
* Excellent analytical and communication skills
* Outstanding organizational and problem-solving aptitude
* Intermediate SAS experience required
* Tableau or other Business Intelligence software experience preferred
* BSc/BA in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
4+ years' experience in clinical/healthcare field, computer applications, or data analysis.
BSc/BA in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.