At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Job Description About the role
Uber's Security and Privacy Research Lab builds customer and community trust by inventing new technologies, processes, and approaches that protect privacy, strengthen security, enable improved threat detection and response, through collaboration with academic and industry research groups. The innovations will be published and productized to benefit Uber customers and the global community.
We are seeking a Head of the Security and Privacy Research Lab, who will be responsible for building up the lab, setting research agenda, driving innovation, and establish Uber as a thought leader and innovator in Trust, Security, and Privacy.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What you'll do
* Build a research lab from the ground up
* Recruit and manage in-house researchers
* Work with leadership and stakeholders to define research priorities
* Partner with academia and industry research groups to build relationships, identity research opportunities, and establish and manage joint research programs
* Advance the industry through public sharing of research results and open source software
* Facilitate productization of research results to benefit Uber's Trust, Security, and Privacy programs
* Manage stakeholder relationships
* Influence security and privacy roadmap
* Become an internal and external evangelist for Uber's security and privacy technologies.
What you'll need
* BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent with a strong track record of research publications and impact in the security and privacy research community
* Experience (10+ years) conducting advanced research at universities or industry research labs
* Excellent leadership skills and experience (5+ years) building and leading research teams in academic and industry research environments, and managing research projects from concept to published research results and technology implementation in production.
* Experience in establishing and managing joint research programs with universities and industry research groups.
* Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate on a consistent basis, and the ability to assimilate a diverse set of specialized technology and business domains.
* Ability to evangelize innovative research and advanced technologies both internally and externally, and provide thought leadership to the long-term Uber security and privacy technology roadmap
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.