Aaptiv is a pioneer in the digital health space that helps its members live a healthier life by giving them access to the best workout experience anytime, anywhere. Through its use of humanized technology, Aaptiv removes the barriers many face when trying to make fitness a priority.
Launched in 2016, Aaptiv has garnered nearly a quarter million members and has raised over $55M from leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about continuing to improve the Aaptiv experience that our members around the world have come to love.
About the Role
At Aaptiv, we know great design and world class UX is at the forefront of an incredible customer experience. We are looking for a VP of UX with a strong track record and passion for solving design problems to work in close collaboration with talented developers, product managers, content creators and business owners. This individual will report to our CTO and lead our Product Design squad in producing engaging experiences across our platform. If working on a wide range of projects in a multidisciplinary environment sounds like the challenge you're looking for, we would love to talk to you!
What You'll Do
* Lead and mentor a team of UX/Product designers, while rolling up your sleeves to directly contribute in conceptualizing and producing designs
* Familiar with agile development practices as well as techniques to manage design consistency across multiple teams with embedded designers
* Drive a design centric culture and practices for product development that motivates the team to create compelling work
* Be the voice of the user by establishing and articulating a vision for UX focus on meeting our users' needs
* Understand business needs, technology capabilities and competitive activities to productively collaborate on creating our product strategy
* Generate style guides, user journeys, information architectures, wireframes, prototypes, beautiful comps and other artifacts to support high velocity product delivery
* Advocate for data driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
Who You Are
* 10+ years designing and shipping mobile applications, visual and interaction design as well as creating interactive prototypes 5+ years of managing a high performing team; ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
* Ability to give and receive feedback, while working with business owners, product managers, developers, content creation and marketing functions
* Proven track record of a curiosity to understand how our users think and behave
* Proficiency in design best practices and the tools / automation that enables them
* College degree; BFA/MFA preferred
Not only will the work you do at Aaptiv be meaningful and rewarding, but you'll get to do it in a fun environment alongside a diverse group of friendly, talented people. In order to hire the best, we offer competitive salaries and equity, great benefits, and lots of perks, including catered breakfasts and lunches, unlimited vacation, and unbelievable views of New York City from our office at One World Trade Center.
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.