Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering creative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Main Job Purpose:
Amgen is seeking a lead information and data architect with a passion for data to help realize Amgen's Operations Data Strategy. This program will build robust durable capabilities around data in the Operations organization that will allow Amgen to drive value through data. You will build upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake to develop data products that span the Operations Domain (Process Development, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing). There is no more challenging data environment than Life Sciences due to the integration of scientific research, manufacturing, logistics of pharmaceutical products. Expect to make a difference in providing patients with products that meet their medical needs in a competitive landscape.
* Develop the vision for the holistic data models required to support the Operations function from source system to semantic representation.
* Lead design, architecture, and usage patterns of data across the Operations function.
* Ownership of data architecture and information design for Operations data in the Enterprise Data Fabric.
* Develop data strategy and architecture for data integration of complex supply chain, quality, manufacturing operations.
* Strong understanding and experience in data governance across business and technology organizations.
* Responsible for translating Amgen Operations vision into reality through a scalable data architecture and engineering that will be used to drive a durable capability around data.
* Travel: Domestic and International travel up to 20% may be required
Doctorate degree & 4 years of information systems experience
Master's degree plus 8 years of information systems experience
Bachelor's degree & 10 years of information systems experience
Accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Sciences.
* Technical Expertise: Strong understanding of biotechnology information systems including global operations functions such as process development
* Experience developing a technical vision for large multi-functional initiatives and investments that span multiple domains
* Deep understanding of the data technology landscape (e.g. Data Lake/Hadoop/Amazon Web Service ecosystems) as well as it's applicability to the biotechnology sector
* Deep understanding of the analytics and data science landscape as well as it's applicability to the biotechnology sector
* Experience developing solution design, business processes redesign and software implementation in a drug development lab / commercialization environment
* Understanding of operating in a GMP environment and productionizing solutions in a GMP validated state and PMP Certification or equivalent
* Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
* Strong experience in designing and developing scalable solutions for data pipelines, including data infrastructure and data models.
* Relevant experience with data technologies such as Apache Spark, AWS Redshift, etc.
* Experience graph databases such as neo4j and AWS Neptune
* Experience building multi-functional relationships and working with other teams to deliver projects
* Experience working in a product driven organization in collaboration with product managers, scrum masters, and going through the product development cycles.
* Experience mentoring technical expertise of teams using state of the art tools, technology, and processes
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen engages in the development of human therapeutic products in supportive of cancer care, inflammation, nephrology and bone diseases.