MediaMath's mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
The Head of Information Security will be responsible for coordinating security efforts across all internal teams, including: assessing risks; recommending improvement strategies for identified gaps; developing, coordinating and leading Incident Response; developing security policies; monitoring and compliance; and implementing end-user education and awareness programs.
The ideal candidate is strategic and organized thinker who is able to understand multiple complex systems in detail and proactively identify risks in an ever changing threat environment. This candidate has excellent people skills, flexible with an ability to think on their feet in order to resolve unexpected problems.
* In coordination with teams throughout the company, especially Engineering, IT, TechOps, and HR:
* Direct and approve the design of security systems
* Create and maintain security policies, controls, and incident response plans
* Create identity and access policies and oversee identity and access management
* Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
* Ensure compliance with changing laws and regulations
* Identify risks and actionable plans to protect the business
* Make sure that information security policies, procedures, and best practices are kept up-to-date and communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced
* Schedule and oversee periodic security audits
* With Human Resources, ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
* Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry
* Constantly update the information security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
* Be the internal and external Subject Matter Expert for security. Create internal and external-facing documentation about our security policies and standards and respond to internal and external inquiries.
* Brief senior management on status and risks, including championing the overall strategy and necessary budget
* Bachelors degree education
* 5+ years' work experience in Information Security
* Ideally have a background within Engineering
* Relevant certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), CISM (ISACA Certified Information Security Manager) or CISA (ISACA Certified Information Security Auditor) are preferred
* Experience with some or all of: application data security, business continuity, computer forensics, disaster recovery, incident response, mobile security, network security; risk assessment; vendor management
* Familiarity with audit standards such as ISO, SOC, and SSAE
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let's face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
MediaMath is a company developing an omnichannel programmatic marketing platform.