MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth.
To support MITRE's Good Growth strategy and the vision for corporate operations, we have recognized the need for modern systems and industry-aligned practices. We will transform the way MITRE does business and implement major changes to our processes and how our staff interact with business systems and customers. The Finance Business Transformation team reporting to the CFO will lead this program to integrate people, process, and technology capabilities to deliver expected outcomes to MITRE and our sponsors for the Finance Organization.
The Head of Finance Business Transformation and Business Systems is a key member of the Finance leadership team. They coordinate closely with stakeholders and report to the CFO. They are accountable for collaborating broadly across Operational groups to deliver COTS-based software solutions that meet users' needs. This role will drive the ERP component releases with oversight of finance functional advisors/leads that improve MITRE's operations and converge on leading industry practices. In addition, this role will oversee the Business Systems function that includes areas of planning, business intelligence, and O&M. They are responsible for:
* Orchestrating activities to ensure finance solution deliveries meet needs, including requirements elicitation, acceptance testing, and cross-team collaboration. Finance solution includes G/L, Fixed Assets, Payroll, A/P, A/R, Travel and Expense, Contracts, Subcontracts, Purchasing, Timekeeping, Treasury/Cash management, Budgeting/Planning, and Reporting/Analytics,
* Aligning Finance and Business needs, design approaches, and technical options to realize requirements.
* Collaboratively defining and managing Finance product scope and releases in context of people and process changes.
* Oversee team of functional advisors/leads, domain experts, systems integration, process optimization, PMO, and organizational change management teams to obtain needed resources and support in ensuring that activities, methods, and outputs/outcomes are harmonized across product deliveries and components.
* Oversee enterprise business system team
* Partnering with technical and domain experts and stakeholders to solve specific transformation challenges.
* Representing finance solution and end user interests at the senior leadership level.
They will demonstrate their ability to:
* Lead Finance Solution planning and delivery: mobilize and manage solution team; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions; direct on-time, quality delivery; monitor product economics, scope, risk, and schedule.
* Manage complexity and address what's most important for the Finance solution-balance business and technology in prioritizing the product backlog and defining the release strategy.
* Partner with IT, Finance, HR, and other stakeholders to deliver sustainable, performant solutions.
* Maintain situational awareness of relationships and alignment within and among solutions to drive enterprise-level (vs. Finance-level) optimization.
* Apply integrative leadership, leading practices, and partner engagement skills to foster harmonization, shared expectations, and ensure that broader transformation priorities are addressed in product delivery.
* Support BT efforts to evangelize the vision for transformation among officers, directors, managers, system users, and other stakeholders.
* Advance MITRE's operational maturity through guidance and application of leading industry processes, techniques, and tools.
* Collaborate closely with leadership, demonstrate servant leadership, and build the project team through definition of needed skill mix, obtaining resources, and developing staff.
* Apply product management methods that address full life cycle via iterative, user-experience driven design.
* 15+ years of related experience:
* Shaping and deploying Finance solutions, including cloud-based SaaS such as Workday.
* Applying knowledge of Finance workflows and functions, technologies, and user experience design (e.g., Financial Accounting, Expenses, Procurement, Customer Accounts).
* Demonstrating success as product manager for large enterprise solutions-as integrated systems of technology, data, people, and processes-that delight end users.
* Leading high-visibility projects, particularly large, complex, partnership-based, user-focused initiatives.
* Applying technical product and project management methods and tailoring expertise reflected in related certifications (e.g., A-CSPO).
* Leading large, cross-functional product development teams- including recruiting, developing, mentoring, and providing support/resources to staff as a servant leader-and sustaining morale and team productivity in challenging situations.
* Managing technical projects including requirements elicitation/gap analysis, user experience design, expectation management, roadmap definition, product configuration/development, and full lifecycle management.
* Advancing enterprise harmonization through process optimization and convergence on leading practices, as well as applying systems thinking and integrative approaches to large-scale enterprise initiatives.
* Working in or applying considerations unique to professional services industry.
* Proven leadership, professional consulting, and communications skills.