Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Head of Design will be responsible for leading a full spectrum design team capable of stakeholder strategy, work-shopping through end-to-end consumer research, and validation to digital prototyping to product design.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Ensure a product gets to market, gets tested, gets iterated and deployed back to market on quick cycles to ensure success
* Champion the voice of the user with cross-functional teams (both internal and external), and ensure that decisions are made with the user and their needs front of mind
* Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR and AR
* Balance customer frictions and needs with our client's business goals, market viability and technical feasibility
* Use data to drive design decisions
* Lead and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking
* Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
* Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
* Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Management Consultants, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Corporate Executives
* Communicate the product's vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually
* Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented
* Work with marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites
* Contribute to the design cohort through knowledge sharing, presentations, organizing events, recruiting, and coaching other Designers
* Attract and retain a world-class product design team
* Cultivate a high-performing, unified team culture
* Lead the Design team's process and decision-making including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling
* Engage and manage communication with multiple stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 8 years of experience designing world-class products
* 4 years of people management experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Proven experience working in Fintech or Startup leading a full-spectrum design team to take a consumer-facing product through initial stages of product/market research, fit ideation and testing through production launch and first years of iteration
* History of success in digital product and solution strategy, design, integrated branding and marketing
* Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to clients. You can articulate the 'why' and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
* Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UI's
* A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design
* Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process
* Experience with technical products involving 'big data', data complexity, privacy and security issues
* Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
* Expert with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
* Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
* A ready, online portfolio
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.