Nextdoor empowers neighbors to build stronger communities. We bring neighbors, businesses, and other community members closer together across the globe. We're looking for a Head of Design in San Francisco to drive step-change impact across our mobile and web products.
What You'll Do
* You'll manage, build, mentor, and inspire several teams of Design Managers, Product Designers, Visual Designers, and Content Strategists, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work.
* You'll define the design process and be accountable for business outcomes.
* You'll build relationships with cross functional team members and executives and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision.
* You'll influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of product challenges across iOS, Android, web, mobile web, and email.
* You'll contribute to the leadership team of Nextdoor as a whole. You'll work to up-level the entire design team through your strong skillset and work closely with Leaders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Neighborhood Operations, HR, and the CEO to build a culture of human centered design across the organization.
What We're Looking For
* You are a skilled and experienced leader of digital design teams at top-tier firms, and you are able to show how you have raised the bar to help the team produce mobile-first design outcomes that have delighted customers and helped build the business.
* You know how to recruit, hire and retain multi-disciplinary design teams -- and you have done this already in at least one organization. You have led teams of 10+ direct reports.
* You have a proven track record of being an influential design leader, working with your peers to define a holistic strategy, requirements, and experiments.
* You have the ability to paint a long-term vision of where we should go as a company, but also have the ability to strategically approach design through A/B testing in the short-term. You view data as inspiration and embrace North Star metrics.
* You know how to accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functional teams. You can also dive deep into the design work, and roll up your sleeves to get the designs done when necessary.
* You have a proven track record of being able to balance ambiguity, fast iterative sprints, business awareness, technology, organizational agility, research and data insights, and high design quality to ship great products. You will bring 3-5 stellar examples of leading teams to design, develop, and launch great digital experiences to market.
* You don't want to stand still, you are hungry to learn about what makes neighborhoods tick around the globe as we expand our footprint.
Interested? Let's chat and see if you'd like to join our community.
* 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
* Paid vacation and company holidays
* Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
* Monthly gym stipend
* Annual learning and development stipend
* Paid volunteer days off
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
* La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
* Health FSA
* 401K plan
Nextdoor is a company that operates a social network that enables members to communicate with neighbors.