Our Business Systems landscape is rapidly evolving to support Asana's fast and global growth. We are re-architecting and introducing new set of systems, processes and automations and also rapidly growing our teams. We are looking for a senior leader to help manage Business Systems primarily supporting Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Support teams. In this role you will be responsible to lead a team of systems analysts, developers and administrators to build solutions that help execute and achieve our GTM strategies. You will be owning our systems architecture, solution design and implementation and driving the technology selection process. Be the primary interface with business to ensure that all business needs are prioritized and met.
You will play a key leadership role on the Business Technology (BizTech) team. The BizTech team are partners to our business, finance, people ops & product teams; we enable systems, solutions and insights that helps grow our business at Asana and makes our employees more productive.
What you will do
* Work to understand Asana's business and GTM strategies to define, share and drive a long term strategy for Business Systems and technology
* Work across functional organizations within Asana to prioritize and create roadmaps for the implementation of projects/programs based on business impact and value
* Define system and technical architecture governance with stakeholders by identifying what we do not have, recommend new initiatives based on current business gaps, evaluate technology, and promoting better use of solutions and best practices throughout the organization. Be a trusted advisor
* Own our business systems infrastructure - all the tools that we use to operate as a business (the architecture, layout, and usage of those tools)
* Be the 'go-to' expert for technical guidance and architectural recommendations regarding designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining highly-available, scalable, and secure applications
* When the team needs help you should be ready to roll-up your sleeves and be able to help or develop, configure, code, test, and debug complex new software, enhancements to existing applications using Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Lightning Platform, APEX, Visual Force, Community, Einstein Analytics, Kimble and the Force.com platform.
* Ensure your team is aligned with business objectives while maintaining a high degree of morale
* Manages, sets performance objectives and goals as well as mentors the team to ensure all members are progressing in their career plans while supporting company goals.
* Manage external resources from requirements to implementation and testing
* Collaborates with peers in the delivery/project management teams to drive initiatives in project delivery and employee engagement.
* Build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Finance, Legal, Security, Marketing, HR, Customer Support, and other teams to ensure Asana's continuing success
* Serve as a partner for company-wide initiatives, working across divisions, translating complex business requirements into intuitive and intelligent platform solutions to support our business objectives
* In collaboration with our Data and Integration Team, you will be responsible for maintaining integrations impacting Salesforce, including documentation, requirements scoping, testing, delivery, and maintenance.
* Identify solutions to increase Data Quality and Standardization for customer and transaction details in CRM systems
* Collaborate to deliver the overarching Asana mission and vision to customers worldwide
* 5+ years experience of successfully leading a team of business analysts, developers and system admins including all aspects of personnel management growth and development.
* 10+ years of experience in implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Support business processes, systems and technologies. We use Salesforce CRM, Marketo, Email Marketing and Outreach tools. Experience in these tools or similar is a must
* Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
* Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
* Experience in delivery, deployment and support (on-shore and off-shore) for Salesforce in a global company
* Global, diverse mindset with ability to work across cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment; you'll have guidance when you need it, but you're also goal oriented and can execute without close supervision
* Able to frame and confront issues and make tough decision
* Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution. Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
* Able to establish and build close working relationships and creatively drive consensus
* High degree of motivation and professionalism with good leadership and team building skills
* Extensive experience in GTM business processes, Sales, Marketing and revenue models for SaaS companies
* Strong experience in setting up business systems environments based on regulatory and compliance requirements. For ex: GDPR, CCPA, SOX
* Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries
* Experience with various project management and delivery frameworks is a huge plus
* Knowledge and understanding of Quote to Cash processes and integrating systems
* Experience in building MDM solutions for customer and product as single source of truths
* Understanding of iPaas platforms and integrations between Salesforce and third party systems
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science is preferred
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.