Requisition ID: 207778
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
At SAP SuccessFactors we have started a Human Revolution. Using the latest technology, we are unlocking human potential and transforming our customer's workforces in ways they never imagined. We are digitally transforming their businesses into the next generation of intelligent enterprises. Because people are at the heart of every business transformation and people are the heart of our business. The SAP SuccessFactors product suite spans core human resources and payroll, analytics-based hiring and customized onboarding, continuous performance management, intelligent succession and more. We operate the largest HCM Cloud in the world, supporting over 120 million users with over a billion transactions for customers across 26 industries in over 90 countries. Our co-located agile teams have end-to-end ownership of product, design, development, release, user assistance, and cloud operations capabilities. We are looking for the best talent to join our team and deliver continuous innovations in the cloud, while bringing purpose to their lives and more meaning to their work. Join us today and become a part of the Human Revolution.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead for SAP SuccessFactors, the largest cloud business of SAP, who can dramatically increase our insight into how customers implement and use our HR products. This is a hands-on role defining, building and operating the data pipelines and platforms needed to create insight for the product development and operations teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* This manager-level role is responsible for designing and executing on a comprehensive data management strategy to support the data insights team (data analysts, data scientists) as well as other teams within the R&D orgs.
* Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and lead the development and deployment of analytic data products, such as dashboards, simulation tools, data marts, and analytic ready data sets to solve those needed solutions.
* Architect, design and operate a large-scale data analytics infrastructure in production that can power self-service platforms to enable cross functional teams and the whole organization to be data-driven
* Recommend and implement means to deliver a high standard for data coverage, reliability, efficiency and quality.
* Assist with the evaluation of new analytical technology and data scientist tools such as model deployment, data science workbench, reporting, and automation tools
Required Skills and Experience:
* Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
* Experience in building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources leading to high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions that improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
* Direct experience with leading Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA, etc.) and Analysis Tools (Tableau, ELK, Splunk, SAP Analytics Cloud)
* Proven track record of generating analytical outcomes and effectively communicating with both business and technical teams
* 7+ Years of experience building/operating systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
* A highly motivated, detail-oriented, technical savvy, energetic leader who likes to think outside the box and wants to build and lead a team charged with building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power our analytics platform and data pipelines
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
* Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
Desirable Additional Skills & Experience:
* MBA or a Technical undergraduate degree
* Experience with enterprise software such as HR/HCM processes or applications including HRIS, Goals and Performance Management, Succession, or other business applications such as CRM, ERP, or financial systems
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.