Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technology that changes our world. The Azure Cloud Server Infrastructure Engineering (CSI-E) team is seeking a highly motivated hardware engineer to work in a team of other hardware and software developers to create systems and modules to be deployed in Microsoft's Azure Cloud. Microsoft provides ample opportunities for developers to have impact on products that touch the lives of millions of users daily, in a cutting-edge public cloud environment.
We are seeking a candidate with Server Platforms Hardware Validation experience, who can work with cross-discipline design teams (system engineering, board hardware, BIOS, BMC, etc.) to develop test cases and verify the designs. This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing hardware design/validation experience and provide innovative E2E hardware solutions to Microsoft Cloud.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree required. EE, Computer Engineering
* 3+ years of experience in hardware validation (planning, development, execution, and debug)
* Knowledge of server system architecture
* Experience integrating and validating PCBAs, hardware components and/or systems. Familiar with and able to develop scripts (Python, PowerShell) and routines to enable and accelerate data collection and data reduction via automation
* Self-motivated individual, must be able to work collaboratively in team environment and across internal divisions and industry (OEM, ODM), demonstrated technical leadership in driving successful product designs
* Must be able to plan work and work to your plan, adapt as necessary, in a rapidly evolving environment
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop test strategy, test cases and execute platform validation plans of the systems (node/rack level).
* Work with ODMs, system engineers, internal design teams and customers to develop validation execution plans for new technologies and MSFT IP features.
* Debug issues related to the qualification of Microsoft's CSI servers
* Work with ODMs, Silicon vendors, component suppliers and internal design teams on resolving issues
* Review logs/ data collected during the test execution and publish plan vs progress reports.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.