Hardware Systems Architect(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 215607
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
CACI is a leading provider of end-to-end SIGINT and EW solutions to the IC and the DOD, supporting our customers' mission to protect the security of our nation. We are a highly skilled team of engineers with extensive background in RF propagation, antenna/RF design and modeling, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), communications, and data analysis/dissemination. Our cadre of technical staff include subject matter experts who can address every facet of signal collection, processing, and analysis. Our technical staff predominantly consists of engineers with advanced degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. We develop software-defined SIGINT/EW solutions which are deployed on our line of Linux computing platforms. Signal acquisition, demodulation, bit synchronization, decoding, and interpretation are performed in software using a variety of programing language to include C/C++, Python, Java. We are seeking enthusiastic senior-level engineers to join our technical team in our Dulles VA office. This position requires academic and professional background in software-defined radio (SDR) hardware architecture, digital signal processing (DSP), and RF communication.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Lead development of hardware architectures for scalable software-defined SIGINT/EW systems.
* Perform analysis of alternatives to select components and guide the overall system architecture design.
* Have a very strong understanding of all aspects of a software-defined system performing a SIGINT/EW mission; this includes the RF aperture, RF sub-systems, processor architectures, and principle of signal processing and communication.
What You'll Bring:
* Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, and ten (10) or more years of experience developing SIGINT systems.
* RF propagation
* In-depth understanding of Cascade and Link Analysis
* Experience with antenna structures, particularly performing analysis of alternatives leading to development of antenna specifications
* RF front-end conditioning design and component selection
* Experience with C, C++, python, MATLAB, MS Visio
* Experience developing software-defined radios in Linux environment
* Solid foundation in Digital Signal Processing: Spatial Array Processing, Modulators/Demodulators, Digital Filters, Frequency Estimation, Spectral Analysis, Parameter Estimation
* Hands-on experience using and programming software-defined radios
* Hands-on experience with Network/Spectrum/Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.