What you will do
Every day, we focus on our common goal of creating and implementing innovative solutions for retailers by working together and applying deep technical expertise to solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact.
Cross functional development teams develop innovative solutions for the biggest retailers. You will design and develop software/firmware for existing and new Sensormatic products, such as RFID readers and solutions, EAS detection, deactivation, and detacher devices, network interfaces and gateways.
How you will do it
* Design and develop firmware in embedded devices such as RFID readers.
* Contribute to and document functional definition of customer requirements of the solution.
* Work collaboratively with other teams across our organization to implement complex solutions.
* Stay abreast of current technology trends in embedded systems, retail, and RFID.
* Work semi-independently, and mentor other members of the team as appropriate to meet goals.
What we look for
* Understanding of/experience with development/debugging of embedded systems.
* Ability to write primarily in C/C++ programming languages, and secondarily using Java and Go.
* Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and Ethernet protocols. Embedded Linux experience.
* Experience with ARM processors, UART, SPI/I2C, and RFID protocols.
* Understanding of Cloud technologies (MQTT).
* Understanding of common SSL/TLS security, authentication, and encryption libraries.
* Ability to work/debug solutions in a lab environment.
* General understanding of RF hardware design tradeoffs and performance issues. Experience with hardware development and operation.
* University Degree in Computer Science with 7-10 years related industry experience or equivalent experience.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.