The Hardware Engineering Mission Area Lead for the Secure Sensor Solutions mission area, is responsible for the full life cycle development of hardware products across multiple product lines. This position will report directly to the Center Director for the Hardware Center, and will have direct line responsibilities for the Department Managers, Senior Technical Staff including Engineering Fellows, and support staff. The total engineering staff allocation to the SSS HWEC Directorate totals around 350 engineers divided amongst three Departments.
The Secure Sensor Solutions mission area, with headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., integrates proven sensor capabilities and innovative solutions to enter new markets with new products. Key capabilities include: Advanced Fire Control Radars; AESA Radar Systems; Full-spectrum Mission Support; GPS and Navigation Systems; Information Assurance; System Integrity; the Raytheon Multi-program testbed.
SSS Products include radar technology spanning both mechanically scanned radars and active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars for the U.S. Air Force's F-15 and B-2, as well as the U.S. Navy's F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
The Hardware Engineering Mission Area Lead will provide oversight and guidance of three HW design departments focused on the SSS Mission area. Responsibilities of this position, include - but not limited to:
* Management and oversight of Department Staff responsible for each Product Area including compliance to all IPDS reviews and gates
* Accountable for ensuring process maturity and metrics including that lessons learned are captured and shared
* Ensure that the HWEC Center Director is apprised of issues related to execution within the mission area and support needs
* Review and support integrated EAC Reviews
* Accountable for transition to production of HW work products
* Responsible for the management of overhead budget for training and other overhead activities
* Responsible for HW proposal work products (technical and cost volume) for new business activities including development and maintenance of cost models.
* Working with the other Mission Area SEIT Lead to develop successful integrated bids across the mission area product lines
* Assignment and management of design Subject Matter Experts in the early capture phase, working in conjunction with the Capture Excellence Engineering office
* Responsible for staffing and skill mix for the Mission Area to include technology and development, execution and production support expertise
* Responsible for coordinating resources from the Lateral Departments in HWEC
* 14+ years of engineering experience
* Direct engineering experience with product development
* Experience with process application for the engineering product life cycle e.g. Integrated Product Development Processes
* Strong people and "change agent" leadership skills. Accountability and drive; ability to make decisions, effectively delegate tasks and meet challenging deadlines
* Experience in supervisory/line management, including technical leadership, performance development and career development
* US Citizenship and existing DOD Secret Clearance
* Current active access to mission area programs is a plus
B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Science, or Mathematics
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
142297BR 142297 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.