Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast-growing and leading-edge research and development unit that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. Our servers are industry-leading in innovation and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS service owners and the more than one million customers who rely on AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems and build architecturally sound, high-quality servers and components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies. As part of this, the Hardware QA team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the products meet or exceed the high expectations of our cloud customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside product management, research, design, and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build new processes to qualify the cloud hardware product. You will be driving the test strategy and execution for full-rack integration testing and will oversee a small team to build and test new server designs and ensure their quality prior to mass production. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, shape the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and expertise on hardware to test prototype rack servers. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. As a small team that moves quickly, we are looking for someone who is flexible, motivated to span across multiple and diverse areas, excited by challenges, and has a "get it done" attitude. The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in both hardware and software QA. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology - come help us make history!
Why it matters:
Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customization that will directly benefit customers. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS.
Why You'll Love it:
You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation servers. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
What You Will Do:
* · Technically lead a small team that will be responsible for proving the HW functionality our customers care about in new rack-based product in a Lab environment.
* · Work closely with our designers and developers to understand the overall technical architecture, define test cases and fill in requirements where needed.
* · Find innovative ways to stress test and prove out the functionality that our future customers care about
* · Be a proponent of automation, continuous improvement and world-class efficiency.
* · Directly participate in Test Plan creation, Test Plan reviews, and software test code reviews.
* · Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution using our tracking tools.
* · Analyze and drive enhancements required in the test automation frameworks and other tools to keep improving test efficiency and accuracy.
* · Drive plans to eliminate process gaps and test escapes from your team
* · Maintain a closed-loop corrective action process around test escapes downstream from your processes.
* · Be customer focused.
* · Function as a subject matter expert on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.