What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're - consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
* Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in computer science or a related discipline
* 6+ years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Hadoop based solutions
* Extremely comfortable working on Linux and Windows. Has extensive experience in scripting such as shell & power shell
* 3+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing data pipelines in Hadoop/SPARK using MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Pig, SQL etc.
* 2+ years' experience building solutions with Python, SCALA
We'd Love to See:
* Experience in Healthcare
* Experience in NoSQL, Kafka
* Broad knowledge of software development - including software architecture, functional and non-functional aspects, CI/CD, principles and tools
Impact You'll Make:
Innovation, Big Data in healthcare, design from scratch, trailblazer - if these words define your "calling" then we have the perfect position for you. We have built a functioning and revenue generating Big Data platform that brings together data from different sources and allow us to design and run complex algorithms and predictive models to solve many of the challenges that face Healthcare today. You will be joining a group of highly talented and motivated individuals with significant healthcare experience at large fortune 500 healthcare companies, top tier management consulting firms and healthcare startups. This opening is a unique opportunity for you to help us design the next generation products for Healthcare and to drive change in an industry undergoing major transformation.
* Partner with internal business, product and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues.
* Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications.
* Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve maintenance and administrative practices.
* Analyze complex business process and design modularized solution for better scalability and maintenance.
* Build & test highly performant and scalable enterprise-grade ETL pipelines on Hadoop platform
* Actively participate and contribute in scrum ceremonies.
* Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Developer, Application Dev & Design
TransUnion is a risk and information solutions provider to businesses and consumers.