The Global Security Operations Center Specialist is responsible for documenting all activity to include keeping records, disseminating and evaluating information in order to communicate accurately and effectively with the appropriate business owners. This position will utilize CCTV, physical security systems and other technology databases to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents.
* Perform dispatching of emergency/non-emergency services for critical and non-critical incidents * Answer telephones using an IP-based telephone system * Operate digital radio for multi-channel communications * Log all calls made to the GSOC and enter data for tracking purposes * Route call information to the appropriate units for handling * Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency calls from employees, outside vendors, law enforcement, and the security officers via phone, email and various communication channels * Process and evaluate information received from all available sources, and respond with the appropriate communication and dispatch procedures * Make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations * Perform other duties and/or conduct special projects as requested
* Knowledge of dispatching and access control systems * Knowledge of CCTV video surveillance systems * Knowledge of basic security procedures and principles * Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (eg Word, Excel and Outlook) * Must be able to meet, obtain, and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements upon request
* Effective oral and written communication skills * Strong customer service skills * Analytic and critical thinking skills * Active listening skills * Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively * Organization skills * Problem solving skills * Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions * Ability to compile information in a clear and concise manner * Must be able to work independently
* High School Diploma or equivalent required * Associate Degree preferred
* 0-2 years of experience in security operations or in a dispatch center required
* The GSOC may at times be subject to stressful situations as it relates to the timely response to critical incidents * Must be able to work a flexible schedule on a variety of shifts * Travel not required