GSO - Senior Software Engineer, Assistant Vice President
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $457 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
GSO Capital Partners LP is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $131 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged-finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
Assistant Vice President
The GSO Technology Team is currently seeking a talented candidate for the role of a Senior Software Engineer. The role requires excellent technical skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, an aptitude to work independently or with a group, an ability to work within a fast paced environment, and high personal standards for quality work. Developers work within the IT department developing and implementing technologies for in-house applications using cutting edge code to create value for our business.
* Web, Mobile and Desktop front-end development
* Microservices development
* SQL Server database development
* Maintain and Support green field and legacy systems
* Rapidly prototype and prove solutions using the latest technologies
GSO seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
* 6+ years of proven development experience
* Education in engineering, mathematics, or computer science related field
* Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies, skills and grow competencies
* Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
* Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity
* Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
* Strong analytical and reasoning minded that result in clear technical execution
* Strong experience with SQL Server, NoSQL or other database technology
* Strong experience with Object-Oriented Design and SOLID principles
* Strong experience translating requirements into clean, efficient, quality code
* Strong experience with software quality, testing procedures and build automation tools
* Strong experience with Unit Testing, Mocking and Dependency Injection frameworks
* Strong experience with Principles & Patterns of Agile Software
* Strong experience with ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Spring MVC, PHP, or other dynamic web server environments
* Strong experience with Services Oriented Architectures, RESTful Interfaces & Enterprise Application Patterns
* Strong experience with web technologies, such Angular, React, Vue.js, Node.js, Bootstrap, ECMAScript 6 features, modern HTML5 techniques and SCSS
* Knowledge developing on either iOS using Swift/Objective-C or Android using Java
* Knowledge of Fixed Income is a big plus
* Knowledge of large-scale, distributed system design and development with low latency
* Knowledge of AWS Cloud computing platform, including Lambda, S3, VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB/Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, Cloud Formation for AWS Orchestration, CloudWatch, and RedShift
* Knowledge of Azure Cloud computing platform, including Azure Functions, Event Grid, Storage, vNET, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Queue, Azure RM/Policy, Log Analytics, and SQL Data Warehouse
* Knowledge of cloud design patterns, serverless architectures, and microservices
* Knowledge developing and testing services using the AWS or Azure cloud services
* Knowledge of automation tools within Cloud environments in production and lower environments, including Chef, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, BitBucket and Git, Artifactory, and Security tools
* Knowledge with Linux and Windows-based systems administration and scripting in Cloud environments
* Ability to communicate the benefits and tradeoffs of Cloud, hybrid, and on-premises services
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group operates as multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm.