Group Technical Program Manager, Client and Release
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a manager for the Client and Release Engineering Technical Program Management Team.
In this role, you will lead a group of Technical Program Managers who are partnered with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. As a TPM Manager, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodologies within your team and across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role is based in San Francisco.
What you will be doing
* Lead a group of technical program managers covering mobile, desktop and other platforms. Align team members to unblock and enable release engineering delivery at Slack.
* Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
* Lead team to continuously improve tooling and drive process to develop predictability for release
* Define success for team and a framework for continuous release improvement
* Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
* Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
* You are a leader that can help define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for Release Management at Slack
* Several years of experience managing a team or teams
* You have expert-level knowledge of release methodologies and can create new programs and processes
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
* Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
* Expertise managing release platforms and external partnerships
* Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to