▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
For this position, you will be responsible for overseeing, planning and directing all network related service activities for a data network and telecommunication organization.
* Accountable for the for a network and telecom planning, architecture, design and implementation.
* Accountable to manage the IT budget as it relates to network and telephony systems globally.
* Encourages a culture of innovation and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in order to effectively and efficiently meet business objectives.
* Analyzes, develops, recommends and implements solutions which support business strategies as well as meet business and regulatory requirements.
* Manages competing priorities successfully and directs resources and organizational communications as appropriate.
* Provides collaborative support for business and IT initiatives requiring network/security solutions.
* High School + Equivalent Experience or Bachelor/4 Year Degree.
* 15 years of experience within Network, Telecommunications and Network Security.
* 10+ years of experience working with a combination network, telecom and cloud technologies like Cisco, Juniper, VeloCloud SD-WAN, Palo Alto, Cellular networks, MPLS, VPN, AWS/Azure cloud networking.
* 5+ years working in the retail vertical with first hand experience with retail store challenges and solutions for large scale network operations.
* Ability to lead and motivate Sr people leaders, demonstrate superior people management, interpersonal and employee engagement skills, to include directing, coaching, counseling and motivating staff.
* Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach with a focus on continuous improvement, user satisfaction and adherence to standards.
* Ability to demonstrate abstract reasoning, critical thinking and problem resolution skills.