The Senior Director, Data Technology, Marketing Sciences will work closely with digital investment analysts, marketing scientists and media managers to understand data needs, enable accessibility to the data, and set standards to improve the organization and the scaling of our data applications overall. Experience with cloud based infrastructure technical management is a strong plus.
As a team leader, you should enjoy getting your hands dirty coding, problem-solving, mentoring developers, architects, and directors to incubate innovative thinking. You will help to drive the right technology choices (e.g. languages, libraries, frameworks), have the opportunity to define how we work as a team, and help to prioritize the internal products and tools we build.
You will help architect client and vertical-specific solutions by identifying custom needs and determining the best approach to solve via custom client development, platform team prototyping, or core product development. You will ensure that the data and technology solutions are delivered in a simplified and client-oriented manner. The role is also client facing, working account teams to solve business problems throughout pitches, client implementations, and ongoing platform usage.
Lead the architecture and the development of data and analytics enterprise applications across the agency
* Grow our extensive library of APIs (DoubleClick, Google, Sizmek, MOAT, DoubleVerify, Nielsen, MediaOcean, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
* Develop and evolving our cloud infrastructure and architecture (using Azure and AWS)
Collaborate with multi-tiered stakeholders to prioritize, plan and develop solutions across the regions and among sister agencies, working with both technical and non-technical teams
* Meet with key internal stakeholders to diagnose client-specific data and delivery requirements
* Accountable for the delivery of data driven solutions across teams, including ongoing refinement, implementation, and maintenance of processes, practices, tools and talent
* Create and incubate grassroots products
* Enhance customized ETL processes to efficiently harmonize and standardize data products
* Construct custom QA Processes to detect data irregularities and construct corrective algorithms
Define vision, drive team execution, and oversee the architecture and engineering process. This will require strong leadership capabilities, and the ability to ensure alignment across the organization.
* Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
* Help develop their careers, ensure they progress their skill levels, understand their work styles and apply that understanding toward helping them set and reach professional goals.
* Innovate with and expand the organization's insight, intelligence and analytics products, emerging approaches, skills and technologies.
* Identify structural and process improvement opportunities, including best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
* Research and develop new data solutions and tools sets.
* Oversee the design, development and rollout of a generic enterprise BI platform.
* The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
* 10-12 years' experience in a software development role in Enterprise data applications (i.e. big data, data warehousing, data science, and analytics solutions) including 3+ years in a technology leadership position, digital media experience is preferred.
* Preferred candidates have an established track record of defining solutions and leading the implementation of large-scale high-quality enterprise solutions.
* Proven ability to assess an existing business process and implement a next-generation solution using a services-based approach.
* Solid understanding and experience in the Agile methodology, hands-on management of agile, iterative development spanning specification, prototyping, architecture, QA, operations, and support.
* SQL databases: Microsoft SQL Server
* Object Oriented Languages: Python, C#, VB
* Cloud platforms: Azure and AWS
* Business productivity tools: Powerpoint, Excel
* Operations tools: VSTS, Jira, Github,
* Data visualization tools: Tableau, PowerBI, Datorama, Domo, Looker, Google Studio
* Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies
* Strong knowledge of marketing data (display, search, social)
* Data analytics experience a plus (R, SAS, SPSS)
* Modeling background a plus
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose. We'll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what's possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other's success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career. We're a team that is radically honest - we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive - that's our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability - that's our Emotional Quotient. We're proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/335529/view/1115372/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.