The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Ground Systems Engineer focused on integration activities across the RS Enterprise. This individual will be a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the SBIRS and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support enterprise integration activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and support the management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc). Candidate will develop action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with space systems (especially at SMC), ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience. Major duties of the position include:
* Ensuring effective integration across space, ground, operations, and data exploitation; hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
* Coordinating ground integration requirements across the program of record, future ground, and acquisition planning elements across the RS Enterprise.
* Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
* Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
* Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to support SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
* Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, and operations and sustainment.
* Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
* Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
* Clearance: TS/SCI