As part of a small, passionate and very capable team of experts, you will be responsible for designing control strategies and implementing safety-critical ground software for Blue's New Glenn vehicle - a rocket that will enable millions of people to live and work in space. As part of the Ground Autonomy group, you will support development of autonomous software behavior applied during critical launch operations such as propellant loading or terminal count. You should be comfortable in working in an often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating individual leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Design and implement automated software applications for sequenced operations
* Design efficient logic controllers and state machines to manage and instruct lower level control loops
* Design fault-tolerant control systems and algorithms
* Coordinate with ground operators and subsystem designers to understand system coupling, constraints, and other design considerations
* Support systems analysis with a cross-functional mindset to support system level architectural decisions
* Support prototype control system solutions
* Support software verification efforts, including HIL qualification test programs
* Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
* B.S. in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, chemical or related engineering with 2+ years of control system design experience
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge in developing control systems and software for complex linear and nonlinear subsystems including process modeling and simulation
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
* M.S. or Ph.D. in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, chemical, or related engineering
* Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
* Experience with PLC/DCS for industrial applications
* Experience with HMI design and alarm management
* Experience with discrete or continuous control systems
* Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and test development
* Demonstrated ability to model, simulate, and validate the behavior of sensor and actuator subsystems across multiple domains (e.g. electro-hydraulic, power electronics, aerodynamic, thermodynamic, static and dynamic mechanical)
* Good system engineering and configuration management skills
* Experience with rockets, missiles or other aerospace vehicle systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.