What you'll be doing...
You will serve as a senior team lead for Governance Risk, Compliance Consulting and Advisory Services focusing on large scale security programs. This position requires security and management experience as well as a strong understanding of the Security Frameworks and Compliance controls.
Your role will be supporting the development of the GRC operating model and a service-oriented customer engagement model and supporting the operationalization of various GRC capability areas such as enterprise security risk management, compliance management, policy management, third party risk management, and metrics and reporting, as client looks to mature these areas.
Leading the operationalization of security compliance programs to support various compliance regulations that Client needs to comply with and leading a team of security risk assessment specialists who focus on performing risk assessments that address security threats, changes to systems and/or applications, process improvement initiatives, supplier assessments (including downstream outsourcers) and other requests from the business.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Working with various operational teams across client as to drive towards a cohesive view of security risk and drive remediation items to closure.
* Maintaining accurate reporting of remediation activities to bring appropriate visibility to stakeholders and their leadership regarding their open items.
* Being a security management "ambassador" to both internal and external customers.
* Providing guidance and leadership to other risk management team members.
* Managing engagements, you must support delivery, providing direction for team members, and managing other aspects of the engagement project.
* Responsible for mentoring and leadership for the team.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in security governance, risk assessments and regulatory/controls experience.
* Experience with the security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices.
* Experience and knowledge of the development and implementation of information security policies, standards and related procedures for security programs.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
* CISSP, CISM or CISA certification.
* Eight or more years of experience in security governance, risk assessments and regulatory/controls experience.
* Ability to assess clients against a wide variety of security and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
* Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the size and complexity of the client's organization.
* Business development capabilities.
* Presentation skills with capability to convey ideas at the C-Level.
* Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation including deliverables, Statements of Work, proposals, white papers, and case studies.
* Verbal skills that include capability to clearly articulate thoughts, capability to be persuasive and to deliver presentation and training to all levels of management.
* Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action.
* Ability to interface with C-levels, as well as tactical implementers.
* Investigative and analysis skills with ability to handle confidential information.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.