Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world's leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We're looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for a Graphics Software Engineer to join our fast-growing Simulation team to help us build out a 3D synthetic world for our self-driving vehicle to drive in.
* Design and maintain library code that supports perception simulation tasks
* Integration of perception simulation code with simulation and vehicle stack
* Geometry and scene graph representations
* Asset management
* Image processing and sensor simulation tools
* Tools for automated creation of complex virtual worlds from high-level descriptions
* BS/MS or PhD in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
* Coding experience in C++ and Python
* 3 - 5 years of experience in computer graphics production environments such as visual effects, film, animation or games
* Experience with defining and implementing workflows and data pipelines.
* Good mathematical skills
* Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
* Experience with camera and lens models
* Experience with modern production rendering workflows
* Experience with Side FX Houdini, Unreal Engine/Unity or Autodesk Maya
* Experience with procedural/automated methods for creating assets and scenes
* Experience in the autonomous vehicle domain
* Experience in robotics or simulation
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We're one team. We're inspired by the challenge of what we're solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon's efforts in DARPA's Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google's self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla's Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber's autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley's best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
<p>Aurora is a company developing software and hardware for the self-driving vehicle industry.