Graphics Software Engineer, Zazzle
Redwood City, CA.
Zazzle connects customers with the world's best products and art so they can create and buy anything imaginable. We are a passionate team building an on-demand, dynamic e-commerce platform to support one of the most creative and groundbreaking maker-centric revolutions. Our platform allows product makers/manufacturers to sell their custom products directly to customers. We're growing, and if you love all things custom, let's talk.
We're looking for highly motivated individuals for an engineering position on the Zazzle core development team. As part of a fast paced organization, this position requires that the candidate be able to work closely with product management, business development, site operations, and quality assurance. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, a team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. We're looking for superstar software engineers with a (1) profound passion to innovate, (2) who are motivated by tackling great technological challenges, (3) who want to work beside those just as passionate, and (4) are itching to do the best work of their lives.
* Design and implement features for the Zazzle Internal Graphics (ZIG) 3D rendering engine in C/C++ using Visual Studio.
* Evolve and implement our web APIs for product rendering in C#.
* Design and implement features for the computational photography pipeline for acquiring imagery for physical products.
* Design and implement features for computer vision and image analysis algorithms.
* Performance tuning and bug hunting on live production rendering farms.
* Write tests to automate the inspection of rendered images with code changes.
* Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent math foundations.
* Solid C/C++ programmer.
* Solid computer graphics principles such as ray tracing, texture rendering, anti-aliasing, photo-realism, color science, image pyramids, etc.
* Knowledge of Java/C#, or other modern OO programming language skills.
* Knowledge of the internals of popular image formats such as JPEG/JPEG2000/PNG, etc.
* Knowledge of the following is a plus:
* Intel IPP Image Processing functions
* Latest video streaming technologies
* (https://www.zazzle.com/happy_t_shirt-235024013978293213, select the video views on the left vertical bar, then change color/style and see the video alter in real time.)
* Font rendering issues such as kerning, scaling, anti-aliasing, etc
* Crash dumps and WinDbg analysis
* Adobe PDF/postscript
* Color profiles and calibrations
* SQL and multi-tier server technologies.
* Python scripting.
* Experience building any facet of large-scale websites.
* Interest in photography a big plus: coded aperture/exposure, light-field imaging, processing and enhancement, programmable cameras, etc.
* Bachelor of Science or above in Computer Science or a related field such as Math/Physics.
Zazzle believes in helping you grow. Your career development and training is important to us. There will be many opportunities to join various industry conferences such as SIGGRAPH, project rotations with lots of opportunity to work on the latest technologies. Zazzle culture is one of learning, growth and the belief that you can have fun at work. We offer great benefits as well as a fantastic work environment.
Zazzle operates a platform for custom products.