Graduate Full-Stack Developer - Available Immediately
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
The Advanced Technology and Research (AT R) practice brings together specialists of the highest technical caliber to develop inventive, practical and cost-effective solutions to complex problems. We help our clients answer their most difficult questions through advanced simulation, first principles and applied research. Our expertise spans from catastrophic risk analysis to design and specification of damping systems for tall buildings. We've worked with tech companies to quantify the risk of their building portfolios, high rise developers to build the most resilient buildings, train operators to improve passenger safety, and designers of everything from bridges to snack foods.
We value individuals with a real passion for solving problems. We especially seek people who can balance deep technical knowledge with the ability to deliver practical solutions. Due to the variety of our work, lateral thinking and intellectual curiosity are major assets. The breadth and depth of skills within AT R provides great opportunities for rapid technical and personal development.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Maintaining, expanding, and scaling multiple web applications
* Manage multiple servers and databases
* Collaborating with engineers and consultants on developing web applications and automation tools
* Creating and maintaining software documentation
* Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or certification from coding bootcamp
* Experience with source code control, such as git
* Experience in server environments, such as Node.js
* Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Angular
* Experience with database platforms, such as MongoDB or MySQL
* Experience with DevOps, such as AWS, continuous delivery, microservices
* Experience with UX / UI design
* Familiarity with a wide variety of full-stack frameworks
* Experience with data visualization, mapping APIs and/or GIS
* Demonstrated interest in the built environment
* Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
* Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
* Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, collaboration and creativity
* Shown ability to deliver results with intermittent supervision
* Agile enough to jump into projects and be comfortable in exploring multiple possibilities before landing on a specific solution
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
* San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Headquarters
* Concord Naval Weapons Station Reuse
* Salesforce Transit Center
* UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay
* San Francisco General Hospital
* San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
* Stanford Graduate School of Business
* High Roller Observation Wheel
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
* Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
* Personal Health Insurance
* 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
* Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Arup provides structural engineering consultancy services.