Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world's largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Brief Summary of Role
Senior Project Managers will manage one or more projects for our customers providing day-to-day leadership to analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement cloud-based solutions based on the Google Cloud Platform.
* Be enthusiastic, professional, and confident while maintaining a focus on customer success
* Owns the entire project lifecycle from initiation through closure
* Monitors and manages project financials, scope, and schedule to ensure project stays on track for assigned client projects and meets Appirio financial targets.
* Drives implementations of high-quality cloud solutions
* Acts as primary day-to-day point of contact for the client and the operational aspects of the project. Objective focused on building strong customer relationships
* Facilitates or co-leads with customer project manager regular status meetings with project team, sponsors, and all stakeholders
* Generates and distributes timely status reports, time usage reports, and expense reports weekly
* Manages risks and issue tracking throughout the project.
* Adheres to the Appirio Way Methodology and possesses the ability to assess risks in process, people, or technology and adjusts project plans to address accordingly.
* Implements and adheres to a change management plan
* Assists consultant team members in the delivery of client presentations during requirements, design, pilot and user acceptance testing sessions. Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before sharing with the client.
* Contributes in at least one area of domain expertise (in addition to project management) such as business analysis, Agile development practices, GCP offerings, or PSA.
* Understands the Cloud Computing market. Can articulate the core benefits of Cloud Computing solutions, and understands basic implementation methodologies associated with Cloud solutions.
* Provides pre sales support such as change orders for your current engagements.
* Provides mentoring, guidance and general care and feeding to project team members, including offshore team members.
* Achieves published company utilization targets.
* Manages day-to-day client interaction, sets and manages client expectations, develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
* Communicates effectively with clients, including c-level, to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Contributes domain expertise (in addition to project management) in multiple areas such as business analysis, vertical or horizontal domain expertise, Agile development practices, Google cloud offerings or Google apps.
* Facilitates client strategy workshops and requirements sessions and helps lead the development / refinement of client business and IT strategies. Assesses architectural approaches and develops high level designs for the implementation of those strategies.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
* S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, Business Administration or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Brings 8+ years project and 5+ years project management experience with packaged software or custom development implementations
* Experience with SFDC or other CRM software (Siebel, Clarity, Vantive, Peoplesoft, NetSuite, RightNow, etc.)
* PMP certification strongly preferred
* Experience in professional services/consulting organization
* Experience managing projects with large enterprise initiatives
* Experience in Agile approaches to project management
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Proven ability to manage budgets for projects greater than $1M
* Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40-60%
* Estimation/sizing, SOW/Change Order contracting experience preferred
* Experience working with global development teams preferred
* NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.