As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry's largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
The role of a Global Technical Support Specialist is to service the entire employee population via in person and via phone for all problem resolution to the satisfaction and productivity for all employees across the globe. Provides first-level and second-level support for OS, applications, and hardware. Imaging of new and existing equipment and assist in building ITAM best practices. Works with Global IT Support Manager and other IT staff on refining the overall user experience by suggesting improvements to the current Desktop Infrastructure and the underlying technologies to help support our growing Global initiatives. Providing on-going desktop support for 800+ laptops and end user devices with minimal direction.
* Provide support to both local and remote users via desk-side visits and over the phone interactions
* Provide input and recommendations for departmental process and procedures
* Provide troubleshooting of all laptops, software, operating systems, printers, VPN, videoconferencing, etc.
* Assist in the research, testing, recommendation, and deployment of new desktop technologies
* Produce well-written technical and business documentation for equipment documentation and inventory control
* Support and maintenance of inventory and asset management processes and procedures
* Take direct calls via the Service Desk phone queue to troubleshoots and resolve application-related issues and provides alternative solutions by utilizing root-cause analysis techniques. Act as escalation point for more complex desktop related incidents and known problems
* Uses a ticketing system for managing work queue, requests, and trouble tickets; records technical issues and solution
* Uses Remote Assistance software tools, and other applications for remote control supporting remote users with VPN
* Installs and troubleshoots VoIP phones (Skype for Business)
* Guides users with simple, step-by-step instructions, and documents new process improvements for knowledge base
* Follows up with users to ensure their systems are functional
* Tests and deploys all new and existing applications for users' laptops and workstations
* Recommends purchase of new equipment and replacement parts
* Performs user onboarding and offboarding; creates and decommissions user accounts
* Creates and maintains knowledge base, technical documentation and manuals.
* 3 years Desktop Support experience within a Windows environment
* Must be able to lift and carry computer/printer equipment
* Experience or exposure to AWS, Desktop/Server Virtualization (VDN/Zen, VMware)
* Selected person must be extremely personable and have great customer service skills and attitude. There will be extensive interaction with the end users on various technical issues interacting with all levels of the business
* Strong knowledge of and previous work experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite
* Automation with Computer Imaging experience is very important
* Knowledge and experience with networking, including Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, DNS, DHCP
* Experience supporting Blackberry, Android and iPhone mobile devices
* Knowledge and experience in W2008/W2012 server administration including Active Directory is beneficial.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.