Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Global Technical Support Engineer
PayPal Global Professional Services Organization is seeking a motivated and energetic individual who thrives on working with customers to resolve complex technical issues. The PayPal Global Technical Support Engineer will focus on supporting partners who use PayPal technologies to enable payment solutions.
As a Global Technical Support Engineer you will:
* Manage technical support cases and incoming calls from PayPal partners
* Use the PayPal CRM system to log, track, and manage reported issues
* Learn and support PayPal technology offerings and APIs
* Research events that are generated by the PayPal monitoring and alerting systems
* Reproduce and resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner
* Create knowledgebase entries and solutions on key customer topics
* Create and maintain application notes
* Transfer knowledge to partners and co-workers
* Work with the PayPal product strategy team to file and track incoming enhancement requests
This position requires a team player who is motivated to learn, enjoys finding timely solutions to complex technical issues, and strives to provide exceptional customer service. It will require constant and effective communications with internal/external cross-functional teams.
* 4 year college education in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent work experience)
* 1+ years of interaction with customers
* 1+ years of software development experience
* Familiarity with mobile devices and mobile applications
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
* Microsoft Office products
* Strong technical writing skills
* Strong oral communication skills and good presentation/teaching skills
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
* Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a collaborative team environment
* Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and work outside of normal business hours as needed
Additional Skills & Experiences:
* Strong desire and motivation to learn new technologies
* Development experience using Java, C#, etc.
* Working knowledge of APIs
* Working knowledge of iOS or Android operating systems
* Working knowledge of retail point-of-sale systems
* SaaS experience
Newton - Massachusetts, Massachusetts, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide.