The Global Service Center (C) have three main roles:
1. to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
2. to monitor and handle alerts/alarms on customer network services
3. to coordinate incident management process
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the GSC - our technicians are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. We interact frequently with technical support, service provisioning and sales teams so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications. We also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
Responds to customer incoming inquiries via phone, email, chat and web mail within a defined timeframe. Performs initial troubleshooting and uses proper communication and escalation. Monitors infrastructure, alarm panels, network and customer hardware and adheres to procedures as defined. Daily operational tasks include ticket, email, phone and chat queues, monitoring systems, coordinating customer escalations, and working the ticket system to ensure KPI's and metrics are met.Essential Functions:
* Is initial point of contact (phone/emails/web mail/chat) for all customer inquiries
* Verifies all contacts against data base to ensure that contact is authorized to open a trouble ticket
* Acknowledges all incoming email and web ticket inquiries within 15 minutes of receipt
* Answer all phone calls within 5 seconds or less
* Provides superior customer service to all customers
* Adheres to customer-specific procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLA) as well as team KPI's
* Monitors all alarm conditions; follows escalation policies and procedures and SEVERITY Level processes
* Completes shift turnover at the onset and end of each shift
* Provides hardware configuration and support including server builds, rack and stacking, equipment and LAN cabling
* Monitors all sites utilizing on-line tools and systems such as Solar winds and System Center Ops Manager
* Understands facility infrastructure specifically to the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment including: Generators, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU units, Chillers, air handling units, CRAC units
* Responds to all Network and Data Center monitoring alarms per policies and procedures
* May be asked to perform daily remote hands including tape swaps, DNS changes, RFCs and other customer requests
* Generates weekly customer web and network reports
* Ability to work holidays and/or weekends is mandatory
7 + years of NOC, Operations, Network, Data Center, and/or Server Room experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong customer service, technical aptitude and attention to detail.
Basic ability to identify, diagnose, escalate and/or resolve moderate technical issues pertaining to Internet protocols, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP. Experience with HP ProLiant servers, Windows 2XXX server preferred. Knowledge of Zendesk a huge plus.
High level knowledge of all mission critical and network monitoring tools. Understanding our Severity Levels and associated escalation procedures.
General experience and knowledge of data center, network and/or server room configurations experience required.
Knowledge of ticketing systems.
Cisco route/switch experience required.
Bachelor Degree or better required, or equivalent work experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
General office and data center environment. High stress may occur at times. May involve lifting of equipment and supplies (up to 50 lbs). May include long hours of sitting or standing. Exposure to climate controlled environment for extended periods of time.
MCP, MCSA, A+, NETWORK+, MCSE Network or equivalent required, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIP or JNCIS preferred.
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.
CyrusOne is is a real estate investment trust (REIT) which specializes in enterprise-class, carrier-neutral data center properties.