Partners Data Systems
Job ID R90638 Date posted Jan. 30, 2019
Global Security Operation Center (GSOC) Analyst - Shift Leader
Location: Austin, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell's business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world's largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are currently seeking motivated women and men to join our Global Security Operation Center (GSOC) team as shift leaders/analysts. These positions are based in Austin, Texas and fundamentally support our world class GSOC strategy within Dell's Security and Resiliency Office (SRO). Our GSOC is a 24/7/365 operation that is vitally important to the mission of managing risk for the company, our employees, and assets.
The GSOC shift leader/analyst will be responsible for leading assigned shift operations with primary accountabilities focused on the intake, analyzation, and subsequent reporting of global threat and risk data that intersects with Dell's interests.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitor and analyze information generated from multiple GSOC systems, databases, tool sets, and other data sources
* Provide direction on and responsible for critical decision making during GSOC Critical Event Management (CEM) situations in accordance with GSOC policies, procedures, and work instructions
* Support other GSOC operators and supervisors with operational tasks
* Provide guidance to GSOC augmented staff (contractors/vendors)
* Identify, analyze, and report all incidents that could potentially have risk to Dell sites or assets
* Research, analyze, prepare and deliver various intelligence threat briefings, including but not limited to, daily briefs and situational reporting (SITREP)
* Conduct research, assess current situation, and be decisive on whether a situation presents a risk to company assets based on available information
* Notification to SRO leadership, as well as associates and other stakeholders that may be impacted by risks or threats within defined service level agreements
* Communicate clearly, concisely, timely, and accurately
* Frontline responsibility for incident management, triage, and possible initiation of crisis communications
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience in a GSOC or similar role
* Minimum of 5 years related work experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency management operations or similar field
* Previous experience working as an intelligence analyst for a US government agency, law enforcement, military, or private-sector operations/emergency dispatch center is ideal
* Comfortable using computers and other computing devices
* Proficient and comfortable with Microsoft Office productivity tools to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Experience with and understanding of various software platforms used in operations center environments i.e. geospatial intelligence mapping, mass notification, critical event management workflow, social media monitoring, etc.
* Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, flexible and rotating shifts as required
* Highly motivated, positive self-starter with a keen sense of urgency and accountability
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
* Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
* Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
* Ability to set priorities in a high paced environment, take initiative and exercise sound judgement while handling incidents
* Comfortable working under stressful situations
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.