The Global Services division of National Instruments is seeking a manager for its Global Project Support Team. This team is responsible for supporting our consulting, customization, and hardware services projects. This manager will be responsible for a diverse team of about 10 specialists in 3 countries and will report directly to the VP of Global Services. The Project Support Team provides 5 main services to our engagement teams:
* Project security: Manage which consultants are disclosed on which customer's proprietary data. Insure adherence to our customer's security processes and respond to customer audits. Manage our secure facilities and customer proprietary information.
* Logistics: Ordering of supplies and parts for our custom development projects. Manage import, export and shipping of goods across international borders.
* Contractor management: Manage the engagements and contracts associated with about 50 subcontractors.
* Tools and metrics: Create and manage tool flows to enhance the efficiency of our engagements. Provide data analysis, reporting, and dashboards to provide visibility into the business and to keep Global Services integrated with and visible to the rest of National Instruments.
* Quality: Responsible for the quality of our processes and for root cause analysis.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5 or more years of experience in various project support roles
* Specific experience in three or more areas to include project security, logistics, contract management, tools and metrics, quality and analysis is required
* Prior experience working in multi-cultural, matrix and in a fast-paced global environment is required
* Strong and an effective communicator with "listen first" style and the ability to champion and drive the project deliveries within National Instruments.
* She/he will be equally comfortable diving into the details of a system implementation or discussing the evolution of Global Services at the strategy level.
* The Projects Support Manager should be passionate and clear about career planning for all the team members and will provide coaching and mentoring to all in a style that resonates with each individual. When necessary, the manager must be able to advocate strongly within National Instruments to facilitate issue resolution.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
We'll be looking for a history of inventing, defining, and refining internal and external processes and a passion for measuring organizational efficiency. We want you to join our team in this glorious journey.
A background in project management, PMO management, equipment manufacturing, professional services, security, customer operations, or contractor management would be helpful.
For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you're in the right place! Here's a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
Watch Video: 40 Years of NI Success
* 5 G - Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
* Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI's technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
* Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
* Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
* Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
More @: www.ni.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube