It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Global Privacy Data & Analytics Full Stack Software Engineer:
The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices related that promotes the highest re usability across the US and Global. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to drive project deliverables. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, software design and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs to support the organization. A Full Stack Engineer is a person that has a breadth of knowledge in computer science, a problem solving mentality and a desire to learn. This person is comfortable working with in a technical capacity across many of the Data & Analytics sectors including core development on platform, data processing and report generation. The Full Stack Engineer will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output.
Candidate may be located in any U.S. location, however, Bloomfield, CT / Denver, CO / New York City, NY are the preferred locations. Some flexibility in work hours, for periodic early morning / late evening meetings with Global teams, will be expected.
Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, with the unique opportunity to:
* Tackle emerging data privacy rules and regulations
* Use cutting edge technology
* Work in a collaborative environment with people around the globe
Behaviors of a Full Stack Engineer
* Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
* Understands when to automate and when not to.
* Drive mentality of building well architected applications for Cloud
* Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
* Can identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
* Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
* Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
* Full Stack Engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
* Full Stack Engineers have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
* Core code production for back, middle and front end applications
* Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
* Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
* Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
* Creating a repeatable process for rationalizing large amounts of reports
* Complete detailed peer code reviews
* Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
* Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
* Working In stages of the environment lifecycle including Production
* Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
* Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Requirements and Skillsets needed:
* Strong proficiency with object oriented software such as Java, C++, Scala
* 4+ year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
* experience in stream data, such as Kafka desired
* Proficiency working with large data stores
* in writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala and/or Python
* Deep understanding of all things "database" - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
* Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive
* Excellent communication skills
* You are amazingly entrepreneurial
* Experience working with huge data sets
* Provide recommendations and design optimal configurations for large-scale deployments.
* Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
* Experience with Jenkins is a plus
* Working knowledge of scripting languages
* Knowledge around machine learning a plus
* AWS / cloud computing (working knowledge)
* Unix-like operating system environment (proficient)
* Software version control (e.g. git working knowledge or greater)
* Track record of contributions to open source software projects
* Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
* Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
While not required, proficiency with any of the following languages is a plus: Cantonese, Dutch, French, Spanish
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a health insurance and services company.