Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect, Strategic Deals, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with key accounts, you will be responsible for helping driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in the Large Enterprise segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management/field reps/pre-sales architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be just as comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. If you are a problem solver with a broad technical-skills, and have the ability to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with the GSIs you will enjoy this role.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud economics as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The ideal candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
* Help manage and drive joint Strategic Deals between the partner and AWS. Build a set of best practices around deal making and bid management for our largest deals, and replicate across geographies.
* Work with Geo level and Country Partner management, and AWS account teams in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the partner.
* Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
* Liaise with the Partner's field pre-sales organization, channels and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
* Help set a strategic business & technology development plan for Strategic Deals with the partner and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
* Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
* Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
* Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS, making sure they have the technical resources required for successful adoption.
* Help partners cost optimize their solutions using techniques like right sizing infrastructure, using higher level application services, using AWS cost explorer, recommending Reserved & Spot instances etc.
* Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings.
* Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners.
* Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products & accelerators.
* Assist global system integrators and earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions.
* Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.