What you'll be doing...
You will be part of an objective assurance and consulting team (Internal Audit) that is independently managed within Verizon designed to add value and improve operations. Within Internal Audit, you will gain extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Verizon's business and technical landscape. These assignments include increasing levels of responsibilities, making Internal Audit an excellent place to work for high potential employees.
A consultant within the Network Operations audit team is a decisive, motivated and talented self-driven team player that leads and develops the analytical skills across the team.
* As a top level contributor, you would be supporting a high performance Network Operations audit team in its efforts to identify and assess risks in Verizon's key business functions within the Network Organization. The enthusiasm in this position helps identify key risks and control gaps utilizing traditional auditing techniques as well as data analytics.
* Work closely with senior business management to understand end-to-end processes, related data and its relationship to the Network Operations business process and controls.
* Mentor team members to ensure professional growth and development utilizing network engineering process background.
* Find creative solutions to complex and diverse business problems.
* Organize data and effectively communicate high level results to senior management.
* Produce written deliverables for planning, execution, completion and reporting on audits.
* Determine the best methods of integrating data from several different sources and systems for use in data analyses.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in network/communications engineering (as an engineer or consultant).
* Knowledge and experience in network related projects.
* Business data analysis experience.
* Willingness to travel 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or Master's degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Finance.
* Certifications like CPA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CEH.
* Strong business analytical skills; ability to apply business logic to analyze data.
* Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
* Ability to write clear, concise reports and presentations with an ability to orally communicate effectively; organizational and documentation skills.
* Knowledge of risk management methodology and factors.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.