We're looking for a talented, experienced software QA engineer with solid functional skills, automation knowledge using Selenium, shell scripting, and a passion for testing. The position covers many roles related to testing our trading and settlement platform. The person will be coordinating with development, writing test cases, executing tests, helping build our automated testing scripts, working with a remote QA team. The position is located at our Boston, MA location. Excellent benefits and flexible work environments with state of the art technology.
* Analyze Customer requirements and design effective test cases.
* Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick resolution of Customer reported issues.
* Write, review and implement test plans and test cases.
* Take ownership of product modules, QA effort estimation and perform the required testing for all software modifications.
* Work with Operations team to resolve production issues as needed.
* Document all Test artifacts including Test Cases, Test Plans in the Test Case Management System .
* Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices.
. Create automated scripts using Selenium.
* 5 or more years of experience in Software QA, working preferably on financial trading apps, Experience with large, complex business applications (distributed systems) a plus.
* BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience acceptable.
* Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities.
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle especially in Agile.
* Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML.
* Experience with and understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL).
* Experience testing order management systems is a plus.
* Strong understanding of UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems, Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities and create shell scripts.
* Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes such as maintaining QA environment would be a plus.
* Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player
About State Street
State Street is a financial holding company providing a range of products and services for large pools of investment assets.