We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you're pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About this Role:
The Global Infrastructure Services Manager is responsible for all global compute, storage, network, datacenter, collaboration, and cloud services. S/he leads a team focused on providing a resilient, secure, and stable infrastructure to support global operations and meet future business needs. S/he collaborates within the Information Services department and across all strategic business units as the architect and steward of the global infrastructure roadmap and technology standards.
Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the company's values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
1. Develops and maintains a global enterprise infrastructure roadmap that meets the future needs of the business. Collaborates within IS and across all business units to develop plans and successfully execute technology projects that support the infrastructure roadmap.
2. Leads a cohesive team of Systems Engineers in the delivery and support of end-to-end infrastructure solutions including application platforms, virtualization, networking, security, collaboration, operating systems, directory services, mobile platforms and cloud architecture. Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, performance management, and other personnel-related activities.
3. Provides leadership and direction for day-to-day infrastructure and cloud services to ensure maximum uptime of all systems in support of global business operations.
4. Provides expert guidance on infrastructure-related procedures, techniques, and requirements to ensure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Using metrics and industry best practices, recommends areas for improvement in both processes and systems.
5. Oversees the infrastructure project portfolio to ensure proper prioritization based on value to the organization. Drives continuous improvement of the infrastructure organization capabilities. Prepares, monitors, and controls the infrastructure capital and operational expense forecast.
6. Builds relationships and collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure solutions are technically-sound and projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Establishes and maintains partnerships with infrastructure service providers. Ensures contractual performance and identifies opportunities to leverage value added services.
7. Supports team by providing direction and removing roadblocks as needed to resolve operational or project-related challenges.
8. Responsible for the design, validation and maintenance of an infrastructure disaster recovery plan that meets established recovery time (RTO) and recovery point (RPO) objectives.
9. Provides leadership necessary to ensure company acquisitions are successfully onboarded into the Hunter technology environment.
10. Performs risk analysis to identify infrastructure-related security issues and to develop necessary remediation plans.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Responsibility for safety is an important part of the manager position at Hunter Industries. It can only be successful when each manager understands that they play a key role in the implementation of the company Injury and Illness Prevention Program and safety procedures. They are to recognize hazards and correct unsafe conditions in a timely manner. They should set the tone for safety by personal example and commitment to following company safety policies. Manager personnel should investigate work related injuries and illnesses and take corrective and preventive action, including disciplining those who break the rules. Violators should be treated with fairness and firmness. Requirements Education/Training Required:
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or MIS required, or 10 years equivalent experience.
Minimum 8 years of experience successfully leading an IT Infrastructure team for a mid-size or larger enterprise.
Minimum 8 years of experience as a Systems Engineer in a Microsoft-centric environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Able to analyze and document complex system processes. Possess strong analytical troubleshooting techniques coupled with a sense of urgency.
KSA #2: Demonstrated experience in developing an enterprise architecture plan for a growing, mid-size or larger company with the ability to drive the scaling of a robust infrastructure to enable significant growth.
KSA #3: Demonstrated skills in disaster recovery planning, performing IT security risk assessments, and implementing secure and reliable systems.
KSA #4: Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange, Office365, Skype for Business, Systems Center Configuration Manager, etc.
KSA #5: Expert knowledge of local and wide-area network planning, configuration, implementation and support.
KSA #6: Expert knowledge of SAN technologies and VMWare.
KSA #7: Expert knowledge of voice and data communications including SIP Trunking, VPN implementation, service provisioning, and cost optimization.
KSA #8: Experience developing service level agreements and optimizing performance, reliability, and operating costs for complex systems.
KSA #9: Exceptional IT project management skills.
KSA #10: Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative. Able to balance between day-to-day operations and long-term, high-impact projects.
KSA #11: Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to plan strategically, lead change effectively as well as coach, develop, and motivate a cohesive, high-performing team.
KSA #12: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively communicate with members across the organization and external partners in order to deliver reliable infrastructure solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #13: Experience as an architect of cloud infrastructure in AWS or Azure.
KSA #14: Experience working within an ITIL environment. Certification preferred.
KSA #15: PMP certification.
Ability to lift items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Ability to sit intermittently to use the computer, to perform paperwork activities, and to attend meetings in different buildings.
Intermittent standing and working to gain access to departments and areas within the facility.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer and to read and complete written documents.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person.
Office setting and all areas of facility with temperature controls and carpet tile or concrete floor surfaces. Outside environment with exposure to seasonal elements. Wears safety equipment in designated areas.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend