The Global Integrated Deals (GID) Global Enterprise Architect (GIA) role is the leading solution architect role within Verizon for our Global accounts as well as net new acquisition accounts andacts as the overarching architecture lead on large global opportunities, linking the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy; documenting this using multiple architectural tools, models or views that demonstrate how the current and future needs of an organization will be met by the current Verizon solution and incremental solution elements driven by thought leadership and innovation.
This role will provide specialist architectural ownership, governance control and solution management across all verticals and solution towers. The role will provide Enterprise Architecture support for large global enterprise opportunities with highly complex technical, operational and political environments.
This position is responsible for working with Global Sales Executives (GSE) as a trusted technical advisor/ partner. Working as lead solution architect of the team partnering with the assigned GSE, you will provide technical leadership to the assigned solutions team and work with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the solutions strategy. This senior architect opportunity based role will provide support and guidance to the SME and delivery teams engaged to support each opportunity, Third Party Vendor's (TPV), Solution Architects, Service Design Architects and specialist Professional Services teams as required in developing and refining the overall solution to ensure service interlock that aligns with both the customer's business need and Verizon's strategic vision for the opportunity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
* GIA is the overall solution lead managing all cost to ensure a profitable & winning solution
* The GIA is highly creative and innovative to tailor the Verizon proposition and messaging to meet the client's business objectives and outcomes.
* GIA feeds into the overall Sales Strategy from the GSE
* GIA owns overall service strategy
* GIA translates business outcomes to solution requirements in various documentation formats, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* GIA manages assigned solution architects and Advanced Technical Group (ATG) SME's / Tier 2/3 engineers
* GIA works in coordination with Professional Services (PS) Consulting Architect to include PS strategy attach to any opportunity
* GIA manages TPV elements working with SDA & assigned TPV manager
* GIA manages the overall solution and service solution RFP responses
* GIA provides input on a timely basis for GSE to build the Executive Summary
* GIA optimizes the overall cost base
* GIA articulates end to end solution to customer detailing business outcomes they will realise through presentations and orals
* GIA owns architecture elements of contract negotiations
* The GIA should ensure through training and otherwise that he/she remains at the leading edge of all relevant subject matter areas.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* BA or BS degreein a science, engineering or commercial discipline or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years' pre-sales engineering experience in the telecommunications or related industry
* Experience in large complex and transformational solution design
* Ability tocommunicateand present at C-level across both IT and business leaders
* Have proven track record in the development of customer-facing business cases
* Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to achieve outstanding results
* TOGAF, ITIL, etc. certifications
Even better if you have:
* Have worked in a similar role previously; Enterprise Architect, Solution Architect, Lead Architect etc.
* Commercial acumen, able to develop business plans at a conceptual level
* A good understanding of legal, tax and regulatory rules that apply to global telecommunications services
* An ability to navigate both internal and customer business processes (governance, financial approvals, change-control, etc.)
* Experience in service management and/or supplier management. Able to understand and develop SLA's, KPI's within complex commercial contracts
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.