Position: Data Threat Analyst Date: March 20, 2019
Location: Lynnwood, WA (remote work potential)
Department: Global Information Security
Reports To: Director, Global Security
We are looking for a data threat analyst professional to join the Crane Co. Global Information Security Team in supporting our security operations and incident response program. The ideal candidate will have a solid proficiency in data analytics with a focus on threat detection, behavioral analysis, and have a desire to work on interesting problems in a unique environment. Previous experience supporting analytics, big data, and machine learning is needed to be successful in this role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Provide business and data Intelligence supporting threat analysis
* Work closely with business and technology managers to fix processes/procedures for data protection
* Effectively participate in data governance and risk compliance plans
* Perform risk assessments and work with security and technology teams to ensure effective controls over security of data in various systems
* Raise incidents involving the potential for data loss or threats against data
* Manage projects, track to deadlines
* Help define solutions
* Reporting and Metrics to support program objectives
Qualifications and Competencies:
* Minimum 5 years of work experience in data analytics focused on baselining large and diverse data sets and anomaly detection
* In-depth knowledge of data analytics, databases, and machine learning
* Experience with current trends and technologies supporting behavioral analysis, threat modeling
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools, dashboarding and reporting
* Experience with coming development languages support data analytics such as Python, Go, R, Ruby, Java, SQL
* Familiarity with various government, financial, privacy, and other regulatory requirements.
* Highly motivated and self-directed
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Foundational level of knowledge and experience with administering enterprise-level Information Technology systems
including networks, virtualization, cloud, operating systems, email, storage, etc.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a small, distributed team.
* Flexibility to work outside regularly scheduled/normal business hours as required.
* Commitment to security training and earning corresponding certifications.
* Passion for solving complex problems
* Ability to prioritize, schedule and track to deadlines
* Required: Degree in a related field
* Desired: Any technical certification in related work area
* US Person as defined under EAR PART 772 AND ITAR 120.15
* Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.