Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Irvine
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
* Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs to wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
* · Operation of CIP skid
* · Maintain good house keeping
* · Interact daily with scientific staff
* · Reporting production metrics to management
* · Work in a GMP glassware environment
* · Adhere to all customer cGMP SOP's
* · Responsible for maintaining cGMP logs daily
* · Maintain compliance with cGMP training
* · Archiving GMP documents
* · Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
* · Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
* · Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches.
* Contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement
* · Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer
* · Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility
* · Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations
* Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services.
* May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
* Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
* Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative's questions and resolve problems.
* Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
* Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
* Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
* Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
* Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
* Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
* Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
* Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
* Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific's Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
* Performs other duties as assigned such as receiving and ordering.
* Management of chemical expiration and disposal as needed.
How will you get here?
Must possess a High School Diploma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
* · Three to five years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
* · Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
* · Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
* · Proven excellence in customer service skills.
* · Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
* · Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word)
* Experience in laboratory settings or services.
* Experience in GLP/GMP environment.
* Experience in a scientific or manufacturing setting.
* Advanced degree or higher education.
* Leadership experience in a professional and/or scientific environment.
This position is located in Irvine, California.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.