Duration: 6 mos with extensions plus a right to hire possibility
CAI is seeking a Systems Administrator with extensive support experience with Cisco Storage and AIX/Linux. The initial term for this contract is 6 months with the possibility of extension.
This role is for a Systems Administrator that will focus on the installation and monitoring of AIX, Redhat and HPUX server infrastructure. This contractor will be one in a member of a team that will support various UNIX environments. Performance tuning and building new servers will be the primary role.
Additional tasks: Monitor and manage Cisco MDS environment. Perform capacity planning and performance tuning through approved change management mechanisms. Extensive knowledge of paging/swapping, inter-process communication, job scheduling, file system concepts like inode and superblock. Ability to write detailed shell scripts. Ability to perform debugging and modification of C programs. Ability to perform security audits and protect the system against intrusion. Extensive knowledge of architecture design. Extensive knowledge of LUN resizing and migration. Extensive knowledge of Cisco MDS devices and architecture. Extensive knowledge of IBM Power8 Servers. Extensive knowledge of IBM GPFS Extensive knowledge of Virtual Server Environment, LPAR, DLPAR, and VPAR.
* Prior experience Installing, monitoring and managing AIX and Redhat LINUX Required
* Prior experience supporting and managing production server environments Required
* Prior professional work experience monitoring and managing Cisco MDS environment Required
* Prior experience performing capacity planning and performance tuning through approved change management mechanisms. Required
* Prior experience paging/swapping, inter-process communication, job scheduling (must possess all skills to qualify) Required
* Prior hands on experience writing detailed shell scripts. Required
* Prior experience performing security audits to protect the system against intrusion. Required
* Prior experience building and designing Cisco MDS Required
* Hands on experience with LUN resizing and migration. Required
* Prior experience with Configuration/support of IBM GPFS Required
* Prior hands on experience supporting Virtual Server Environments (must have all: LPAR, DLPAR, and VPAR Required
* Prior experience with IBM Servers Power7 and above Required
* Prior experience with AIX v7 and above Required Prior experience conducting architectural design using industry best practices Required
* Prior experience with IBM Power P770 and E840 Highly desired
* Prior experience with AIX v7.15 Highly desired
* Prior experience with File systems concepts (inode and superblock preferred) Highly desired
* Prior experience supporting HPUX Highly desired Prior experience with XIV Storage Highly desired * ¿Prior experience with A9000 Data Storage Highly desired
* Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards * Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc. * Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
If you are interested in this position, please apply using the "Apply " option. If you have questions, or would like to speak with a Recruiter directly, send an email to the contact person below and note the job identification number in the subject line.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.