Bellevue is a dynamic, international and multicultural, future-focused, diversity driven, high performing City. Our Council vision is: "Bellevue welcomes the world, our diversity is our strength." We value all employees and their contributions. The City invests in its employees and encourages and rewards employee growth and development by building on our commonalities and our differences. Bellevue is high tech hub, noted for its diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. We work collectively to make it a place where you want to work, live and play. The IT Department consists of 60 talented FTE's and supports city wide custom and SaaS applications, networks, cybersecurity, servers, GIS, digital government and provides technology services to the regional eCityGov Alliance. In late 2018, the City of Bellevue won first place in the Center for Digital Government Digital Cities Survey for our work in advancing digital government and Smart City.
We are looking for a GIS Program Manager to join this great team! You'll be responsible for the overall technical project and program management of the City-wide geographic information system. This includes strategic and technical direction for the development of our GIS architecture and infrastructure, supervising our staff of eight GIS professionals, management of corporate GIS data assets, ensuring integration with City business systems and standards, and interfacing with internal and external customers. You'll ensure that the GTS Team delivers high quality GIS services and products, which include:
* Web and mobile solutions
* Cartographic products
* Management of the City's enterprise GIS data and Land Information System (LIS) in a SQL environment.
* Complex spatial analysis
* Desktop and SQL spatial tools
* GIS services and products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assign, coordinate, and review the work of full-time and variable staff.
* Ensures the work plan drives forward strategies in the GIS and IT Strategic Plans for the City.
* Recruit, mentor, professionally develop, train, and conduct performance evaluations of GTS staff.
* Develop partnerships with City and regional customers and peers to proactively plan projects, establish priorities, manage expectations, and resolve issues.
* Direct the team in establishing service delivery standards, process improvements, and ensures adherence by the Team and effectively uses performance measures to continually improve the service line.
* Manage support of production enterprise systems, including desktop, web and mobile solutions, and spatial databases.
* Collaborate with other IT disciplines to deliver a unified architecture.
* Research, recommend, and implement industry best practices to drive forward strategic and business initiatives.
* Develop and monitor GTS Team budget.
* Ensure enterprise-wide GIS projects are properly defined, resourced, and are managed according to department PM standards and processes.
* Coordinate vendor procurements for GIS services and products including writing Requests for Proposals, selecting vendors, and managing contracts and budget.
* Represents the City in regional groups and forums, including collaborative data and application projects.
* Actively participate in the GIS community and encourages staff to participate and expand their skills.
* Act as an advocate and champion for GIS and spatial technology with stakeholders and customers.
* Minimum of 5 years of a combination of relevant experience and education.
* Demonstrable experience developing high-performing technical teams with a strong bias for action.
* Passion for mentoring, coaching and helping staff with professional development.
* Skilled at being a unifying influence to manage conflict and showing a high level of respect for all team members.
* Strong customer service, communication, collaboration, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
* Proven experience managing complex enterprise projects using project management methodologies. Skilled in procurement, contracting and management of vendors.
* Proven experience conducting research, analyzing IT problems, managing projects, and developing procedures.
* Technical knowledge and experience with ESRI suite, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Hub, Arc GIS Portal, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Web, and other third party apps that work with ESRI software.
* Strong knowledge of GIS web and mobile solutions in a production enterprise environment.
* Knowledge and experience with relational database design and management, data manipulation, cartography and spatial analysis.
* Strong commitment to the City's core values of exceptional public service, innovation, integrity, commitment to employees, and stewardship.
* Commitment to Information Technology Department's core competencies of excellence in problem solving, composure, decision quality, perseverance, peer relationships, time management, and self-development.
Additional Qualification Criteria
Ability to pass a criminal background investigation. Other
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For further information about the job, please contact David Kelly, Assistant IT Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452-7195. Questions regarding the on-line application please contact 855-524-5627.
The City of Bellevue supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office, at 425-452-6838.