GIS Data Scientist, Mid
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors - from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence - you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the Coast Guard's data. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll analyze disparate data sets, write scripts, build predictive analytics, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help DHS leadership make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in protecting the Homeland.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
* access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
* a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl-the world's premier data science for social good competition
* participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
* 3+ years of experience with researching, extracting, integrating, and manipulating geospatial and imagery data from multiple sources, and publishing services or working with Web map services.
* Experience with cartography and creating client-ready map graphics
* Experience with communicating, interfacing, and presenting to government contracting officers, program performers, federal leadership, program managers, or customers
* Knowledge of ESRI's Web Mapping Applications (WMAs), hosting published data, or finding published data
* Ability to provide program management support
* Active Secret clearance
* BA or BS degree
Nice if you Have:
* Experience with evaluating, reviewing, and compiling source selection panel information for US Government-published BAAs, RFIs, and RFPs
* Knowledge of project planning, monitoring, and financial activities related to program management
* Knowledge of managing multiple project teams and meetings
* Knowledge of analyzing financial and labor projections and independent cost estimates
* Knowledge of projects and programs with well-defined metrics
* Knowledge of program management and technical monitoring, including those that are performed by a contracting officer's technical representative for the US government
* Active Top Secret or DHS Suitability clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.