We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Generative Design Specialist on the Bell Innovation Team will lead the development and application of advanced methods for end-to-end model-based design. They will work with a cross-functional team to identify existing best practices and design methods while exploring new ways to bring intelligent tools into the design work stream. This is a multi-disciplinary engineering role that seeks solutions for multi-physics modeling and simulation, failure prediction of structures and systems, volumetric geometry optimization, automated design routines and design synthesis to directly expand the generative design capability across the innovation team.
* Explore and evaluate leading-edge design tools for digital twin modeling and simulation
* Integrate new and existing tools via scripting, automation code or API interfaces
* Develop and deploy methods and practices that enable rapid adoption of new tools, automation code and simulation testing
* Explore predictive, learning and optimizing tools for use in a multi-physics / multi-domain modeling environment
* Develop custom tools and software for design synthesis and optimization across multiple engineering domains
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline
* MS or PhD degree preferred
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering environment
* Proficient with software tools for Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), or Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
* Experience with digital twin modeling and simulation tools
* Experience with topology optimization, structural simulation, kinematic modeling of mechanical systems
* Experience with multi-physics modeling and simulation tools such as Simplorer, Dymola, Amesim, or other.
* Experience with object-oriented multi-domain modeling languages such as Modelica, SysML, or other.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate coaching and training on new design tools, methods and best practices
* Proficient in at least one structured programming language such as python, Java or C
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.