Improbable is a British technology company that focuses on large-scale simulations in the cloud. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness.
Improbable believes that China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of virtual worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community.
Improbable is working towards opening multiple offices within China and hiring the initial 'founders' of Improbable China; our core hub for APAC Operations. We are looking for individuals with a founder mentality to support Games Production, Business Development and Product Development. Initially the focus will be on SpatialOS, but we are also opening our China Office to explore new product opportunities in gaming.
Our first China office will be based in Guangzhou and we expect to expand to multiple locations over time, as we explore additional opportunities beyond the SpatialOS platform. There will be significant opportunities to work with our outstanding Product, Engineering and Commercial teams based in London, San Francisco and other APAC countries.
We are a multinational technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We're crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
is to understands the core concepts of SpatialOS and someone who helps the partner studios to build their game. A GSE helps design, advise and support partners in implementing critical gameplay or gameplay-related systems that will be technically robust for large-scale, complex games.
* Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development
* Knowledge of implementing gameplay or elements of gameplay (e.g., combat mechanics, AI behaviours, pathfinding), game architectures and game development paradigms (e.g., entity component systems)
* Working experience of game engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal or CryEngine)
* Excellent communication and team skills; with the ability to communicate with both non-technical stakeholders (e.g., producers, artists, designers) and establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches
* Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents
* Full professional proficiency in reading and writing, conversational English
The following would be advantageous
* Previous experience with shipping a game
* Previous experience with implementing features for multiplayer games
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job
Improbable Home Page
Jobs powered by