Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Network Engineer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will work on cutting-edge engine technology, building gameplay and gameplay systems that interact with network back end systems to deliver exciting online game experiences and features. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
* Develop network-oriented gameplay systems
* Develop gameplay and support designers implementing online gameplay
* Research and prototype new network-oriented game features
* Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
* Maintain and extend documentation on network-oriented features and systems
* Debug and optimize existing gameplay systems
* Bachelors in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
* Three to five years of experience in C/C++
* Shipped at least 2 games doing network-oriented gameplay engineering for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox360, PC or MacOS
* Understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies (e.g. peer-to-peer and client/server models, latency compensation, etc.)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
* Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.