Calling all Gameplay Designers! Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players (and counting!). We are looking for designers who are passionate about offering players amazing gameplay experiences and working with some of the best IPs in the business in a studio that values intentional design thinking.
As a Gameplay Designer, you see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. You're excited by working cross-functionally, partnering closely with engineers, artists, and others. We don't just design games; we play them and love them, and we are fans of the IPs we work on.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a Gameplay Designer to join us!
In this role, you can expect to:
* Create a lean set of accessible mechanics that, as a system, allow for discovery and years of engagement
* Design, implement, and balance action game mechanics to create engaging and satisfying gameplay dynamics
* Develop intuitive and responsive interfaces, including controls and camera systems, to strongly connect the player to the action
* Collaborate with animators, VFX artists, UI and audio designers to create content and audiovisual feedback that makes players feel heroic
* Provide input on the game's vision and help champion that vision to other team members
At Kabam, we're constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
* Experience in gameplay design on at least one shipped title, preferably free-to-play mobile
* Intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and an intentional design process
* Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Bonus if you have raw technical skills including:
* Scripting experience
* Strong math skills
* Spreadsheet wizardry
* A hunger for new, different, and exciting design challenges
For those who want to take it up a notch, we'd love to see you having:
* Knowledge of an Agile work environment, and how to use Agile methods to develop software, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload and collaborate with co-workers
* Passion for video games and the latest mobile gaming trends
Interested? Apply Now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of free-to-play games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam's games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.